Thursday, May 2, 2013

Hersey F/S Invitational


 I LOVE this meet. Unfortunately, this year was last time I'll be there. Freshman/sophomore invitational only!

100m Dash: Pulled a 11.70s, a hair over my 11.69s PR. We ran with the wind! What I love the MOST is the texture of the track; the grippiness allowed me to reach top speed quicker than usual! I unfortunately did not make finals: this meet is an inner city/suburb meet against the top schools of the Chicago suburbs. Coming from a rural town 2 hours away, competition was tough here!

4x100 Relay: Hand-offs were definitely smooth, as always! Pulled a PR as well, with a 46.5s. Still need to work harder to get into a love 45 range by next Friday's conference (already?!) meet. In better news...my brother had a 9.9sec split for his leg! His leg is shortstroked the most (slowest time), so he runs about 80 meters at best. Just funny to see a sub 10 second split among 11's. We placed around 7th or 8th.

4x200 Relay: Hand-offs smooth, again! We have replaced my brother in this relay with another friend of mine; we have a 1:38-ish with that combination (will have to update that time once the official results are online). We placed 4th.

Triple Jump: I PR'ed here last year, with an over 2 foot improvement. This year, I was able to pull a higher than average jump (I swear, it's the track surface!!) at a 37 foot 2 in jump. KNEE DRIVE is key, eyes straight ahead, and height in all of my phases is the way to reach this again. Gotta nail it by conference. Squeezed a 6th place finish in that event.

Overall, Hononegah placed 3rd place with 69 points, only a few points behind 2nd. Considering our average competition, this was a great way to experience a lot of better contenders. Last year, we had also pulled a 3rd place finish, behind second by 1.5 points.

Also! Our 4x4 team broke our school's record by 2 seconds! Congrats! The 4x800m was only 1.5 seconds away from breaking that school record as well. Great to see this at the season end, approaching conference.


Wore my Adizero Primes, Adizero TJ, and Vivobarefoot Evo II's! Great temps at 85 degrees and sunny. Spandex was able to come off!

No comments:

Post a Comment