Tuesday, April 16, 2013

VFF Lontra Day 1 and Boylan Track Meet


That's right, day one of the VFF Lontra was a great experience. Most was already discussed in the review! However, I have concluded that this is the best moisture managing minimalist shoe that I have found. The ground feel is definitely dampened up a bit, but they are so smooth and comfortable. Warm up laps were a comfortable time!

I also decided on wearing them throughout the school day! Here's now they looked with a typical casual outfit! Got plenty of compliments from my minimalist/barefoot competent friends, and survived the day without uncomfortable moisture build up. It's just something about that neoprene that wicks it all away!



The Meet

And of course, the quadangular meet at Boylan happened today! Finally the first day that we've had decent weather for a meet. This was my arsenal of footwear for the meet! Lontras, Adizero TJ 2, and Adidas Prime spikes.

Pulled a PR in the triple jump with a leap of 37 feet, 6 3/4 inches, crushing my old record my almost 6 inches.

The 100 could have been better, since there was a tad bit of headwind, but I can't have that as an excuse. Pulled out at 4th place in the F/S division. Gotta work on it.

4x100m relay was a monster. The handoff from me (first runner) to my brother was almost mechanical--a type of inter-sibling connection that launched that baton away into his sprinting hands.

We got away with a 1st place, and 5 second advance.

4x200m? Well let's just say that the inter-sibling connection burnt itself out and we were left with a slow, shaky hand off, taking us 3rd of four, behind the leading team by a decent 8 seconds. Will work on that.


Managed to snap a picture of the Lontras in some wet grass!


And of course, a quick pic of the mile! I also want to point out that I'm extremely satisfied with my new Nokia Lumia 920 and it's picture capabilities on the 8.7mp Pureview camera. It's perfect! The very first picture of the clouds came out so much nicer than I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment