Saturday, April 20, 2013

25th Annual Hononegah Relays Track Meet

Tried a Panorama shot there, and I think it worked out well! Haha!

What a beautiful day for a meet. Sunny, with a temperature of about 45 degrees! That's probably one of our best meet conditions all year! Besides the fact that the season is already almost over, we savored the sun and warmer weather.


There were a total of 6 schools present.

Apparel line-up for me was my Dry Max Performance socks, my Inov-8 Bare-x 200's, and my Adizero Prime SP's!

Of course, today was a relay meet, so there were some unorthodox events such as the 110m shuttle, combined distance field events, weightman's relay, and distance/sprint medleys.


I didn't participate in the triple jump this meet (top 3 overall per school compete).

My events today were just the 4x100m and the 4x200m

4x1


4x100m finished out at 5th place out of 5. I started the race in lane 2 with an insane start, I have to say, that is probably the fastest 100m I have ever run in my life. I felt fast, I had so much grip, and I caught even lanes 2 and 3 within the first 50 meters...on a staggered start. My hand-off to my brother was again like clockwork--claiming an unofficial "hand-off of the meet" by a load of team mates. A perfect reach and receive, right where we wanted the hand-off done.

He flew on the straight with the slight wind to his back, a few feet behind lanes 5 and six, meaning that we had a massive lead since all teams stayed in their lanes.

My brother described the hand-off from him to our 3rd runner as a clean slip-in. Our 3rd runner knew my brother was ready and they did not even need a verbal "HIT" for an indication to grab the baton.

The third runner was halfway through the curve before any of the other teams handed off to their own third runners.

And...the 3-4 exchange was not very good at all. Our 4th runner got much too excited, as we were shooting for a destroying personal record. He became impatient as they neared the end of the exchange zone, and decided to grab the baton instead of waiting, effectively knocking the baton out of our teammate's hands.

He still finished the race, but in anger none-the-less.


4x2

In the 4x200m, we pulled a first place finish by a noticeable lead. 

But here's the fun part. 
As I was in "set" position of the start of the race, I false started a few milliseconds before the gun. The gun went off midstride for me, so I got up and stopped. I waited for the second gunshot which would indicate a false start, but heard none and kept running. 

I talked to the starters after the race, and they claimed they watched me the entire time and didn't see a false start. So either they simply didn't see my twitch, or I had the PERFECT start. (Which was obviously negated by my standing)

We still won, and I had a terrible split as expected. It was just funny that I got up and stood there. 

Even my buddy holding the starting blocks had his hands up in disappointment when he saw my twitch! 



Fun stuff
 Got spiked by my buddy in some practice handoffs!
Weightman's relay wore capes........with "Team Pol" written on the back, since this year is the last for our head coach, who has coached 33 years as head coach at our school. 
Water levels rose even more! That blue ring out there? That's a park garbage can.....


No comments:

Post a Comment