Thursday, April 18, 2013

These Lontras...!

THEY WORK. 


I walk to school from a remote parking lot, about 600 meters! 

The past week has been hard rain; it has induced flash flood weather warnings and river flooding.

The concrete path is a foot lower than the road right next to it, so any rain water drains into the path. However, the path is curved down so that it has some stretches of 2-3 inch deep water! 

These mini "lakes" are unavoidable. I usually carry an extra pair of shoes to school to change into. 

I carefully tread into the first mini lake, about 12 feet long and 3 inches deep. I thought for sure that my feet would get that freezing sensation of cold water moistening my feet. As I continued walking, (effectively soaking the bottom of my pant legs) my feet did not get wet at all. No cold water, no moisture. The water was at the level of where the mesh begins on the shoes, and it effectively held out water! 

I happily, confidently, stepped through the next two mini lakes and smiled to myself! They work fantastically! 

On another note, I would usually wear my Inov-8 Bare-x 200's for the trek to school, which would instantly let any 1-inch-deep water stream through the mesh! The Lontras felt so much nicer! 

This is supposed to be a baseball diamond. The basket ball hoops are also under a foot of water! 


No comments:

Post a Comment