Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Color Vibe 5K, Rockford, IL

I had the opportunity to run the Color Vibe 5K in Rockford last Saturday! It's a knock-off of Color Run.

The event was held at Boone County Fairgrounds in Belvidere, IL It was a nice little event with about 3500 people! We jumped in (we, being a group from my school) the first heat, right in the front of the start pack. Of course this wasn't any serious timed run! We had 4 color stations that frankly didn't stick to our white shirts too much. However, the finish-line after party was phenomenal, with a DJ and timed color throws which left us covered in the colored corn starch! 




 I wore my white Inov-8 Bare-X 200's in hopes of getting some nice color, but after the entire event 
(including the finish line party) I only ended up with some splotches of pink :(


My cross country coach would've cringed at my pacing (along with my brother). 


No comments:

Post a Comment